Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One out of six

Alexandra and I have been wanting to get outside and enjoy our last days in Kyiv. The boys, however, just want to stay "home". We only went out for meals yesterday but today we are going to try and do a little souvenier shopping. I think the boys are on board because they both want a Ukrainian flag. Also today, we will start the paperwork at the Emabassy and, hopefully, pick up the passport. If Vitalik's passport is ready today as promised we will arrive in Montgomery Sunday afternoon. Will post later about that.

Have to tell this cute story about Roman Eli. Shane Duke called the other day to check on him. He said everybody missed Roman and was asking about him so I passed the message along to Roman.

"Shane called and says that everybody at camp misses you."
"At camp?"
"Yes."
"Everybody?"
"Yes, everybody."
"Everybody not miss me," he replies seriously. I can tell he is thinking hard about this. Finally, he says:
"Maybe, uh, 6 people miss me."

Well, last night we were sitting in McDonald's and Alexandra says "Oh my gosh! There is Anton!" Anton is a translator for Shane and was bringing some Americans back to Kyiv to catch their flight home. So Roman got to see one of the six people at camp that I know was missing him.

1 comment:

BKE said...

Gosh, that "maybe uh 6 people" sounds like little Roman. He was always special to me. I am so happy that he will be a part of your family.

We are praying for you guys! I am happy that everything is working out, and you will be able to travel home soon! (even though I know part of you and Alexandra will miss Ukraine).