Friday, July 25, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I will post some pictures later but while I had a few minutes I just wanted to say we made it home without incident. Not even a flight delay. I am all for flying Aerosvit from now on between Kyiv and JFK; for the same price as economy on Delta, you can fly business class on Aerosvit and there are no change fees! I am spoiled already. The boys watched about 10 hours of DVDs on their own little personal DVD player and Alexandra and I visited with another family that was returning home with their third older adopted child. You would think Roman would be intimidated by large airports but it is quite the opposite. He is so super confident that I had to play act a kidnapping for him to get him to understand that he could not continue to wander off. We went to sleep last night about 8:30 and the boys woke me up at 4:30AM whispering about what the day would bring. The reunion with Papa was sweet and the boys have spent the afternoon running from X-Box to bicycles to motorcycles to their new rooms and then back again. They have been so busy that I have had time to visit with Luke and catch up on his summer. It is so very good to be home. Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging comments along the way. I am so thankful to God for all He has done on behalf of our new sons. Please continue to pray for Gabe and I as the real work now begins!

4 comments:

Hall family said...

Congratulations Davies family!!!!! We are sooooo happy for you!!!! hope to see you soon! We are leaving for the beach and hope to connect with you upon return. Love, Randy, Valerie and the Hall kids

Kevin and Tammy said...

Glad you made it home without incident. Enjoy
Tammy

Connie said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome HOME!!!!

Leetha said...

YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS and welcome home!
Leetha