Monday, August 11, 2008

Out and about


We have been home a little over two weeks now. Everything is going smoothly for the most part. There is the occassional bump in the road but nothing that was not expected. We have started school-lite, working our way into the real thing when Colton leaves to go back to college August 25th. We celebrated Colton and Vitalik's birthday right after he got home. We have been to several movies at the Rave. We are slowly introducing the boys to some of our favorite restaurants. We went to Birmingham this past Saturday and visited Gabe's family. We also were able to visit with some of the kids who are being hosted from Ukraine this summer plus visit with one of Vitalik's friends who was adopted last fall. I can remember Staci and I longing for the day when we could go get our boys. It is so awesome for me to be able to post a picture of the four of us in Birmingham with our arms around them and each other. The boys continue to enjoy hanging out around home, driving golf carts, playing games and just enjoying life. They both like to go swimming; and Eli has become the newest filmmaker in the family! They are getting better each week at sitting through church. I know that is a challenge for them when they don't understand the language. Both boys are trying hard to communicate in English and are doing very well. However, when we are out in public around people they do not know, they relish not being able to understand! Everyone has enjoyed watching the Olympics this week. What a great way to jumpstart patriotism! We are planning to go the beach later this week. I know they will love it. The other kids are looking forward to it as well since we have not been down there since we moved 4 years ago! I will post as many pictures below as I have time to upload; I don't have near the free time as I did before we added to the family. And for that I am extremely grateful!







3 comments:

Damama T said...

Hi. I surfed over from my blog. I don't do it often, but every now and then I get pulled to the "next blog" button. Each time I do I'm amazed at the shared expriences I find on the "next blog."

I was adopted at 10. We also adopted an older child - a girl, age 11 - in 2002. Cool, huh!
While our daughter was from Texas CPS, I would imagine that the challenges are much the same.

So I just wanted you to know that you and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts often. This new chapter of your life will be rewarding and challenging in ways you can't even imagine today.

Best of luck. I'll be back to check on you soon.

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

So good to see you still posting! We are thinking of you guys!

ramona said...

Ahhh, what a wonderfully gracious and merciful God we serve!! I am so thankful that you were able to bring Vitalik and Eli home safely and I continue to pray for your daily adjustments.

Blessings
Ramona